Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Man in a bucket


Above is the view through a hole in our canopy of a silver oak really tall, as in 5 stories tall tree. I heard what sounded like a chain saw in one of our trees and raced out to see if some unknow person was in our tree,  Two house over is where the tree is and as you can see, it is hard to see it.

 My trusty Nikon 610 zoomed out though the narrow hole in the branches and I started to snap as the driver of the bucket would hook a chain to a limb, saw it off, it would fall and hang down, and he would drive the bucket over the front yard to drop limb so the man on the ground could place in the chomper.... You can see it was hard to see the man, but when I lightened the top pick he was staring right at my camera as in what are you doing? I went inside



8 comments:

My Mind's Eye said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh a tree monkey. I really admire those high flying bucket men. #1 to go that high in a bucket but to go with a chain saw.
I'm thankful for their bravery
Hugs Cecilia

Anonymous said...

Amazing how your camera zoomed in! They amaze me cutting the tall trees and directing the limbs to the ground.

DeniseinVA said...

Gotcha :) great shots too. I don’t know how they do it. I get dizzy on a step stool.

Mevely317 said...

Gosh, at least he might have waved at you! :)

'Sure hope those folks are paid well for the service they provide. I'm not looking forward to spending near $1k to have a dead tree and unnecessary foliage removed ... but neither do I want to chance it coming through our roof in the next big blow.

Inger said...

How funny, you got busted! I bought the camera BTW.

Pam said...

GOT YOU.....BUSTED! haha

Just Mags said...

I had to laugh as I pictured in my mind you running inside. lol Tree guys have a dangerous job. I am amazed at how they know just what to do to take down and/or prune trees. Hugs

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

I guess the tree had issues and needed a trim for safety sake?
Nice pics.